Broaden your Japanese cooking repertoire with three delicious recipes using soy beans and edamame.
JASWDC is partnering with Table for Two USA to bring you a special cooking class focused on a key ingredient used in most Japanese cooking: soy!
During the class you will learn how to make the following dishes:
- 4 cups dashi *Please have dashi prepared for the class if possible
- 1/4 cup miso paste or more to taste (any type of miso would work)
- 1/2 block soft or medium tofu
- medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch rounds or half moons
- 1 tablespoon dried wakame (seaweed – different from kombu)
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 8 wonton or gyoza wrappers OR 2 sheets fresh egg roll wrappers – cut into 4 squares each for a total of 8 (3-inch) squares
- 32 shelled and boiled edamame *You can use the edamame used for the competition!
- 2 cheese sticks – cut into 4 strips each or 2 slices of cheese cut into 4 squares each
- Water for sealing
- 1/2 cup miso (Any type of miso would work)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- (2 teaspoons sesame oil)- optional – if there are no allergies
- Any vegetable (cabbage, cucumber or yellow/orange pepper)
To make this a quick soup, people use an instant dashi powder or dashi packets. All are available online. Follow the directions on the package. If you are unable to get dashi, you can add vegetable or chicken stock.Product examples:
- Dashi powder: Ajinomoto Soup Stock Hondashi: click here
- Dashi pack: Yamaki Katsuo and Kombu Dashi Pack (Bonito and Kelp Soup Base Bag): click here
- Miso with dashi : Marukome Miso Broth Concentrate: click here
Try the #EdamameChamp challenge!
All you need is:
- #EdamameChamp Score Sheet (download & print from here) If a printer is not available, draw 5 circles on a letter-size paper
- 25 or more shelled Edamame beans or any beans you have available
- 1 pair Chopsticks
Staying at home shouldn’t have to be boring, so we hope you’ll join us to cook and enjoy Japanese food together!
Must check - WP faq support by geometricbox