Join us for another installment of Virtual Japanese Cooking Class as we learn how to cook 生姜焼き shogayaki (ginger pork).
Shogayaki is usually on the menu at Japanese restaurants in the U.S. This flavorful pork and ginger dish is perfect for a quick and easy dinner or lunch as it only takes around half an hour to make.
After registering you will be sent the recipe card. Your confirmation email will include the Zoom link to join the class.
To participate in the class you will need to gather the following ingredients:
- 300 g (10.6oz) pork sliced thinly to 2-3mm (⅛”) thick (note 1)
- 2 tsp sake (Japanese rice wine)
- 1 tsp ginger juice (squeeze juice out of grated ginger)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp sake (Japanese rice wine)
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 160 g (5.6oz) shredded cabbage
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 6 broccoli florets
For Ponzu Sauce:
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup citrus juice (You can use lemon, or mixture of juice from lemon, orange, or grapefruit. )
- lemon zest from one lemon
- 2 Tbsp mirin (2 Tbsp sake or water + 2 tsp sugar)
- ½ cup katsuobushi (dried bonito flakes) (packed; 6 g)
- 1 piece kombu (dried kelp) (2″ x 3″ strip; 6 g)
Must check - WP faq support by geometricbox