Join us for Japanese Breakfast for Dinner with guest instructor, Joshua Beatty! Joshua will teach participants how to make a traditional Japanese breakfast with grilled fish, miso soup, rice, and a vegetable side dish, which taste just as good for dinner as breakfast! This menu is inspired by his favorite meals created by his homestay mother and grandmother during his time in Iwate Prefecture.
Check the ingredients list before registering. Once registered you will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom link. We will send the recipe card a week before the class.
JASWDC Member: $10
DATE & TIME
Friday, March 26, 6-8PM EST
Shio-yakizakana (salt-grilled fish)
- Two to four whole small fish, or single serving fillets of fish that are in season or easy to get.
- 1-2 teaspoons of sea salt
- Half a small white or yellow onion
- 1/3rd of a cup of dried sardines (iriko) [vegan version – use konbu or 1 dried shitake]
- 1 cup of seasonal vegetables (daikon, potatoes)
- ½ cup of tofu (soft, medium, or fried tofu skins), cubed
- 1 to 2 spring onions
- 6 cups of water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of miso paste (to taste)
Blanched Sesame Greens
- A handful of greens per person
- ½ teaspoon of sesame oil per handful of greens
- ½ teaspoon of soy sauce or tamari per handful of greens
Steamed white rice
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of fully cooked white rice per person
Must check - WP faq support by geometricbox