Holiday Class Breaks & Make-up Classes
Classes will not be held on federal holidays. Make-up classes for these days will be held during the make-up week (the week after the term ends) or another date that is optimal for the teacher and the students.
$40 for Students (full-time undergraduate or high school students, 23 years old and under. JASWDC will ask that you provide a copy of your ID) $60 for Ume, and $250 for Tsutsuji. Kiku ($1500) members may enroll in the language school free of charge.
To learn more about individual membership, please visit our membership page. Memberships are valid for one year from date of payment.
JLS does not take textbook orders. Please order your textbooks online and have them ready before the first day of your class.
Register online at www.jaswdc.org/language-schools/.
You will receive an e-mail a few days after the registration deadline confirming your class registration from your teacher.
Each class has a minimum of 4 students & a maximum of 10-12 students.
Tuition (Language School Only)
$310 for JASW members; $410 for non-JASW members. ($275 for JASW members – Early Bird, $380 for non-JASW members – Early Bird)
Online Meeting Platform
At JASWDC’s Japanese Language School, teachers use Zoom to hold classes unless specified otherwise. It is the student’s responsibility to secure a quiet space that allows them to join class. Your teacher will send you a Zoom link before the first day of your class. The URL for the class will stay the same until the end of the semester unless otherwise announced. JASWDC will also conduct an audio/visual check session before the first day of each class. If you are unsure if the audio/video on your computer will work, please join the session. The date of these audio/video check sessions will be announced once decided.
Your teacher may record class and provide them to the students who are unable to attend the class on a specific day or if they wish to review the previous class. The recorded videos will only be shared with the students in your class. Sharing of any Zoom Meeting information or recorded videos with third parties is prohibited. You need a Gmail account to access to the recorded videos.
We recommend you use a computer or tablet and refrain from using a mobile device in order to access the full functionality of Zoom.
Cancellation/refund requests must be received by E-MAIL by the registration deadline for a full refund, or between the registration deadline and the beginning of class for a 50% refund. No refunds will be issued after classes start. There is NO CREDIT for classes you miss. (All times are Eastern Standard Time)
Please send cancellation/refund requests to email@example.com
Please check the JLS website for a detailed schedule regarding due dates.
Students will be placed on a waitlist if a class is full at the time of registration. Students will be notified if they are on a waitlist and when (and if) space becomes available. If space does not become available, JASWDC will refund any tuition payments made unless the student is placed into another class.
- There is no prorated tuition. Should you be absent, there will be no make-up classes or refunds, and you are responsible for any classes you miss. We do not offer private tutoring for classes missed.
- If a class has fewer than 5 registrations, it will be canceled. If this happens, you may transfer to another class, as long as space is available, or you may request a refund.
- The teacher may change class schedules due to personal reasons, holidays, etc. They will schedule a make-up class.
- You may change your class after the term starts, as long as there is space available in another chosen class. Any changes must be approved by JASWDC.
- A letter of class completion will be issued upon request only when a student’s attendance is 60% or higher.
- Classes are available to persons 14 years and older.